Vienna is a freeware and Open-Source RSS/Atom newsreader with article storage and management via a SQLite database, written in Objective-C and Cocoa, for the OS X operating system. It provides features comparable to commercial newsreaders, but both it and the source code are free and available for download.
- Subscribe to Atom/RSS news feeds and podcasts.
- Simple and intuitive user interface with customisable toolbar.
- Built-in tabbed browser.
- Global search of all retrieved articles.
- Automatic detection of newsfeeds on Web pages.
- Smart folders for organising related feed articles.
- Custom article display styles.
- Three separate reading layouts.
- Blogging integration.
- Support for downloading enclosures in articles
- Filter the displayed articles.
- Manual reordering of the subscription list.
- Full AppleScript support.
- Localised into several languages.
Fix unwanted scrolls in Unified layout
More consistent response to keyboard shortcuts when the user switches to primary tab
Add support for handling HTTP/HTTPS (allows dragging links into Vienna’s Dock icon)
Change internal browser’s user agent string to be more Safari-like
Fix indexation problems in help files